Tuesday 24 August 2010

Dream Big...

So my alarm rung this morning, it wasn't one of those where you painfully try to open your eyes to click the snooze button. It was one of those where your already awake, but just waiting for the alarm to ring to actually get up. (I still have 3 minutes left in bed, and i will use that time dearly!). So when the clock reached 9.00 I jumped striaght out of bed and started getting ready. Excitment and nerves kicked in and i started getting a little rumbeling feeling in my stomach.( Nerves maybe, but probably just because I needed breakfast.) But I did get that butterflies feeling. I was recieving my exam results this morning and I was utterly and truely. Shitting it. I now had no other worries but this one. Everything else was blanked out and this was my head goal. I rushed to get ready, gobbled my cereal down and set of in the car to get them! Thoughts rushing through my head about what I would do if I didn't received the grades that I wanted and needed. I had now began to panic and the 5 minute car journey seemed to last forever. When we finally arrived there were already people waiting outside, and I sneakily scattered to the front of the queue just in time, for the head to tell us they were ready for us to go through. My heart was beating faster than ever. Everyone's faces filled with worry, and nervous smiles. Heading towards the door...

 I made my way to that very important envelope. The teacher handed it to me with a smile on her face "good luck" she told me. I smiled politely. Opening it I could see my hands shacking uncontrollably. I took a deep breath and pulled the crisp white sheet of paper, out of the brown envelope.. My lips began to widen as my eyes rolled down the page, joy was projected all over my face and I turned around to flash a huge smile at my parents, I rushed over to them, to show them what I had achieved and those 5 words all daughters and sons want to hear from there parents on results day came to my ears. 'I am proud of you' Just to hear them say that made my heart beat twice as fast. My face was glowing with happiness, and it made me feel that what I had achieved over the last two years, and all the work that I had put in had been worth it! I achieved much greater than I had ever once thought I could. I'm extremely proud of myself.

I know what I want in the future now, and that is my set goal. From now on that is my focus. I am going to put my education first, and make sure that I achieve what I want from life, and get to places that I want to get to. Their are no limits to what we can achieve. Dream big. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment