Tuesday 17 August 2010

Adults under threat act like children.

I don't know if it is just me, but I have recently realised that adults take advantage of young people, and show them lack of respect. The papers blab on about 'yobs' and how they treat adults, (and I don't disagree with that. Silly chavs.) But I think there is also a problem with the way (some) adults treat young people around my age. 
For example... The other day I was stood in the bank waiting to get some money out. (Money I didn't really have to spend, damn it.) But anyway, there was no one else in there, so it was pretty quite and I was at the front of the queue. There was two women sat behind the glass windows, laughing and joking and having there tea. They both gave me a good stare, then quickly looked away, realising that I was young they both carried on drinking there tea, and pretending they hadn't realised that I was there, when they most obviously had! They carried on glugging there tea and talking for a while ignoring my incredibly loud huffs and puffs, until the doors opened again, and a middle aged woman with a young child walked in. They both put there tea down immediately. Flashed a fake smile and asked me to come on over. I would hate to know how much longer I would have been waiting, if that other woman had not walked in. Things like this irritate me hugely. Another incident that was incredibly irritating.. I was walking through town with a bunch of my friends, also quite recently, and a fairly old man walked straight in to me. No excuse me. No pardon. He actually pushed me out of his way using his hand on my shoulder. He pushed me right out of his way hard enough, so I almost tripped backwards. I was actually gobsmacked. No way would he have done that to a older woman nor man. Both the women in the bank and this arrogant man both knew that because I was a young; that they could get away with it as I wouldn't speak up. I just don't understand what they gain from this lack of respect, that they gave me? 
These are not the only incidents that have happened. There have been many many more. I am now sick of snobby adults believing that they are better than someone because of there age, and I think it's about time they ironically 'grow up' a little and show some respect. 
Adults find pleasure in disrespecting young people. They consider it necessary to make themselves feel powerful and in control. Well done. Incredibly grown up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment